Thursday, August 12, 2010

My TMobile Customer Service Experience at Blogher

(left: Me Right: Michelle with T-Mobile)

When you think about customer service as it stands today, what is your overall opinion of it? Do you think companies listen to what you have to say or do you feel like you are just talking to someone that is getting paid to do a job? How important is customer service in your loyalty to a brand or company?

When I was at Blogher last week, I will admit I went with a vengeance mission to talk to Windows Mobile and T-Mobile about my extreme disappointment in the HTC HD2. This phone was supposed to be the coolest thing that T-Mobile had at the time, which was in June. I was amazed by the screen, graphics and well, that became all I was impressed with. After constant freezing and lack of apps, I had enough. I've been a T-Mobile customer for almost 10 years and this is the most I paid for a phone and it's been a big let down.

http://www.tigermobile.com.au/images/HTC%20HD2.jpg
Photo courtesy of Tigermobile.com

I first went to Windows Mobile and told them I was extremely disappointed in the "Marketplace" which is their version of an app store. Windows Mobile seems very behind in apps compared to Droid and IPhone. They were kind, told me that they were working on things and showed me a new phone coming out with TMobile in September. I left feeling that my voice was heard, but I really didn't want to buy a new phone because of their lack of apps.

My next stop is the T-Mobile booth. I talked to Michelle who was very kind and listened to my concerns and agreed, my phone was not the best for what I wanted and needed. I inquired about phones, what would be best and if TMobile worked with phone creators to put together phones before they come out. I'll be honest, I would love to work with a focus group to explain what it is I am looking for in a phone as a blogger and social media "fiend".

She was great at answering my questions and even with the chaos that was going on in the Expo hall, she had her full attention on me. At the end of our conversation, I played a game on text lingo to possibly win a new phone. Unfortunately, I felt old standing there not knowing any of these ackronyms that "kids" are using these days for texting. She told me to come back tomorrow and I said I would try to brush up on my text-ing lingo. The next day I was walking by the booth and she pulled me aside and said she had something to show me. She showed me the My Touch 3G phone, I ooooo'ed and awe'ed when she handed it over. Really, I wasn't trying to get anything from TMobile, I just wanted to be heard. I felt she had truly listened to me and when she referenced TMobile she said "we" want you to be happy.

I love when I talk to a representative of a company, not just an employee. Someone who represents with high marks of friendliness and understanding of what that company is. I felt Michelle did just that, she represented TMobile and truly listened to what I had to say. The picture above is Michelle and I at the booth at Blogher. I am so grateful that she was there to listen to my mission! Of course, TMobile has always been great at helping with customer service, that is truly the reason I have remained a customer for so long. In fact, I was with them before they were TMobile and they were VoiceStream, who remembers the Catherine Zeta commercials?

Just in case you need further evidence that T-Mobile rocks at customer service, check out http://www.t-mobile.com/Company/CompanyInfo.aspx?tp=Abt_Tab_Awards


So Thank you Michelle and T-Mobile for your awesome customer service.



2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,
    First off I stopped by their booth to show them that I have the new myTouch Slide 3G. I told them about how I have been a customer since they began in the US 9 years ago. As I was standing there another woman walked up (not knowing what I had just said) saying she has been a customer for 11 years when they were a different company.

    This leads to my next point. We were both talking about how our longevity was due solely on customer service. The T-Mobile girls were so excited to hear it. Again, they humbly told us how very nice it was to hear satisfied customers come to talk to them. They then proceeded to hand me tons of stuff to give to my kids. Thank you to a great company that remembers customer service is #1.

    My husband and I have talked at length about how we would love to get an iPhone but will not leave T-Mobile b/c of their customer service.

    You'll love your myTouch. It's awesome. My husband has the non-slide version and we rave about our phones regularly.

    ReplyDelete