Friday, October 1, 2010

Frugal Friday: Using Elmer's and X-Acto to Create a "Boo" Box!








I recently received some Elmer's and XActo Craft Goodies to try from Bzz Agent. I like that these products are easy to use and paper crafting friendly (I.E. Acid Free, clear etc).
When I received my items, I knew I wanted to try this on a Halloween craft. I liked the assortment that Elmer's has as well so I could use the different adhesives on the different materials.

Are you a crafter? Join Elmers Craft Group HERE!
Be sure to also stay up to date with the latest Elmer's products on their Facebook Page!

You can pick up crafting items from Elmer's/Xacto from Walmart. Print coupons for Elmer's Craft Products:
http://www.elmers.com/about/special-offers

Have you ever been "Boo'ed"? It is where you anonymously drop off a gift of goodies to a co-worker, friend or neighbor and include a cute message for them to do the same! It's a really great project to get kids involved or just do yourself. This week I made a Boo Box out of a Beverage Box (you can use a beer box, soda box etc).


Align CenterI took a beverage box that had background colors that would match my theme.

I laid the box on the side on top of my paper so I could get an accurate measurement of how big my background paper needed to me. I then took an Xacto knife to it and cleaned up the edges with my paper trimmer.

After measuring, I folded the box flat (be sure not to cut the box as it has to be put back together).

I cut the top of my paper with my decorative scissors. I used the craft bond glue stick originally but it did not stick to the cardboard that well so I switched to the glue pen.


After gluing the background on the box, I then decorated the outside with some stamps, ribbon and stickers.


I used the Pop Up dots to give my "BOO" a little 3D dimension. I also rounded the corners with my corner rounder which was easy to use.

After the two larger sides were done, I had to tape the bottom of the box (I used a decorative packaging tape) to keep the box sturdy before doing the smaller sides.

I decorated the handle with "fibers" and placed candy inside.

Here is my "Boo" box!




When I am ready to give this out, I will print this out and include in the box:

The air is cool, the season fall,
Soon Halloween will come to all.

Ghosts and goblins, spooks galore...
Tricky witches at your door.

The spooks are after things to do,
In fact a spook brought this "Boo" to you!

The excitement comes when friends like you,
Copy this note and make it two.

We'll all have smiles upon our faces,
No one will know who "BOO"ed who's places!

Just two short days to work your spell,
Keep it secret, hide it well.

Please join the fun, the seasons here .
Just spread these "BOO's" and Halloween cheer.

Include a sheet of paper that says:

You have been BOOED! Please keep it going by following these directions:

  1. Enjoy your treat.
  2. Place the BOO sign on your front door, visible in a window or on your desk.
  3. Within 2 days, make 2 copies of this note, make 2 treats & 2 BOO sign.
  4. Secretly deliver to 2 neighbors/friends without a BOO.
  5. Keep an eye on nearby front doors or desks to see how far and fast it spreads by Halloween.
*I found this poem at About.com


* I received these products from Elmer's items from Bzz Agent. All opinions are my own and this project was my idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment