Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Baking with Truvia



Today I did my baking day with Truvia Natural Sweetener. Since 1 packet of Truvia = 2 packets of granulated sugar, I just cut the sugar measurements in half. The Truvia tasted great in the recipes, just as sweet as regular sugar! What I made today was Applesauce/apple butter and No Bake Cookies.


No Bake Cookies
These are awesome, they take only 5 minutes to make and it's a kid friendly recipe!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/3 cup Truvia
  • 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon strong brewed coffee
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 3/4 cups rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration

Directions

  1. Cream together butter or margarine, sugar, cocoa, coffee and vanilla.
  2. Add oats and mix well. Roll into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Dip balls into confectioners' sugar. Set on wax paper and shake off excess sugar. Ready to eat!
Made as is, it only made about 15 cookies, you could easily add more oats to make a bit more or double the recipe.

*I didn't add the coffee, instead I did a tablespoon of Nutella.

Apple Sauce

I did a variation of the recipe I posted before for Apple Butter.
Ingredients:

  • 2-3/4 pounds apples - peeled, cored and finely chopped
  • 1/3 cup Truvia
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or apple pie spice
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt

Place apples in a slow cooker and pour sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt over apples and mix well. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.

Reduce heat to low; cover and let cook overnight for 9-11 hours or until thick and dark brown. OR cook on high for 7-8 hours.

To make applesauce, I drained the juice and stored it in a container in the refrigerator. For the apple butter I
poured in food processor.Freeze or refrigerate.

1 comment: