Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Frugal Foodie: Chicken Enchilada Skillet



Recently, I went to www.giveeverynightnewflavor.com to find a recipe for dinner. On the site, I found the recipe finder was easy to use, just 3 clicks and I was able to choose a recipe right for me. I was automatically drawn to the Chicken Enchilada skillet. I love enchiladas but I am not a fan of my hands getting all saucy. I found this recipe was simple, delicious and a 30 minute meal! Also, it left me with dry hands!

Ingredients:
  • PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray

  • 12 corn tortillas, torn into bite-size pieces

  • 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (3 cups = about 12 oz)

  • 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained

  • 1 can (10 oz each) Rosarita® Enchilada Sauce

  • 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added



  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack blend cheese, divided

Directions

  1. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add tortilla pieces and chicken; mix well. Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until hot, stirring frequently.

  2. Combine undrained tomatoes, enchilada sauce and tomato sauce in medium bowl; pour over chicken mixture in skillet. Mix well. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over chicken mixture. Cover skillet; cook 5 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve immediately.




For the chicken, I used chicken breast tenders, I feel they cook fast and are easy to "chop" up. I like to cook my chicken with squeezed lemon juice. When cooking I added some granulated onion, minced garlic and garlic salt. It took me less than 30 minutes from start to finish.

http://www.giveeverynightnewflavor.com/recipes-Chicken-Enchilada-Skillet-2273.html

Take the guessing out of what's for dinner tonight by using the Easy Recipe Finder here : http://www.giveeverynightnewflavor.com/


This post has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for #WeeknightMeals with #collectivebias. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment