Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thrifty Thursday: Revamping the Mason Jar for Spring

I really heart Mason jars, there are so many uses! I picked up some from my Goodwill store here in AZ for about $.50 and did some Spring Crafts. All of these Jars took less than $2 to make (considering price per usage of jar)



This is a hanging light (you can see my fake candle right?)
Supplies:
Ribbon from Hobby Lobby
Mod Podge
Blue Flat marbles from dollar store
Tea Light (battery operated)
Pink acrylic paint

I used a crop - a - dile to punch holes in the top (if you don't have one, you need one). I then put ribbon through the top twice. The ribbon on the jar is adhesed with Mod Podge.







Easter Jars, it's the Easter basket in a jar! Great for teachers or neighbors.
Supplies:
Candy
Ribbon from Hobby Lobby
Elmer's pop up dots
Fabric Flower (sorry I don't remember where it came from, it was in my craft area)
Paper diecut (cut from the Cricut Tags, Bags, Boxes and more cartridge)
Shredded paper


May Day Jars, these are also great for teachers and neighbors that kids can make too!
Did you make May Day Baskets as a kid? I loved doing these in the plastic strawberry pints and filling them with goodies.

Traditionally for May day, you fill baskets with with flowers, candy, baked goods etc and leave them on neighbors or loved ones doorsteps on 5/1.

Supplies:
Acrylic paint
Paper
Fabric Flower
Ribbon from Hobby Lobby
Elmer's Spray adhesive
Synthetic flowers from the dollar store

I sprayed the paper with the adhesive after the paint had dried and placed it on the jar. I then tied ribbons on the jar.
Tip: I love to stock up on acrylic paints when they are on sale.

*I am not associated with any brands above, these are just items I love to use and wanted to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment