Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Online Shopping with Bing



Thank you to BING for sponsoring my writing today. To learn more about BING Shopping Rewards, click here. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.

I often wonder, how did my parents survive not having internet? I mean do you remember when you asked your mom a question and she would say, go look it up. Of course by go look it up she meant go look in the encyclopedia or dictionary. I wonder if I told my kids today, go look in the encyclopedia they would have a come back of "Do you mean Wikipedia"? With so many things on the internet, it's hard not to feel compelled to go to the internet for anything I am looking for before venturing out into other sources.

One thing I have relied on heavily over the years is shopping online. Online shopping has come a long way. I remember way back in the day when I had first gotten accustomed to the internet in 2000, I became an Ebay junkie. I bought so many things, it was the only place I shopped online really because I don't think there were that many options. Now a days the internet is my first stop when I am looking for something. I'm really too busy to search stores for what I need. I will often just do a "general search" in my search bar or on Amazon for what I am looking for. It could be a gift or a treat for me to fuel one of my many obsessions. One of which happens to be right now, wedge sandals. Much like these ones:


I just bought these at Old Navy. #ShoeLove

I was asked to try out Bing and give my thoughts on far as shopping. I hadn't really used Bing and if it can make my shopping easier, why not check it out? Speaking of my wedge sandals obsession, I thought I would make that my first search! Here is what I found:


I typed in "wedge sandals" in the search bar up top for Bing, I then clicked on the "shopping tab".

After I saw the pictures, I noticed the sidebar where I could create a filter by brand, price etc.

Under $25 of course!

When I started going through I also noticed when I hover over the image, there are ratings! Wow, I never have to leave the search engine to find the details I need!




I also went on a shopping search spree. I searched for Dutch Ovens which were half the cost of the ones I saw at Walmart today! I also searched for grill pans and pressure canners (you guys already know I love my kitchen appliances and utensils). I also searched for Lego Candy (we're going to have a Lego birthday next month) and I found some, actually a lot which made it easy to compare prices!

Lego Candy (Kosher)

I would use this again for items I am shopping for, I think it's a great way to find sales items too along with comparing prices and ratings.

Have you used bing? What is your favorite way to shop online?


All opinions expressed in this post are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment