Homemade Potato Skins Recipe:
2 tablespoons of milk
2 tablespoons of sour cream
1.5 teaspoons of fresh minced garlic
1 teaspoon of salt
1.5 teaspoons of granulated onion
1.5 teaspoons of oregano
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1.5 cups of shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Cook Potatoes for about 40 minutes (speed things up by cooking them in the microwave for 20 minutes)
- Once potatoes are cool enough to touch, cut lengthwise
- Scoop out most of the "inside" of the potato, leaving a potato layer next to the skin.
- Place the "insides" in a bowl to use later
- Pour olive oil and all spices into a bowl (garlic, onion, salt and oregano), mix well
- Brush the olive oil mixture on the front and back of the potatoes
- Cook for approx 14 minutes face down
- While the potatoes are cooking: take the insides and add milk & sour cream, mix well. I added some onion powder to my potato mixture for a little more flavor.
- After the 14 minutes, turn each potato over with tongs so they are face up and cook for 5 minutes
- Take the potatoes out, spoon potato mixture back inside the potatoes (careful, they are hot)
- Top with shredded cheese
- Bake for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Top with additional sour cream if you wish!