Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Frugal Blogher Journey: Dressing up a $2 Tank Top





I'm trying to limit my spending budget for Blogher11 this year to dresses, accessories and a bag. So this weekend I went shopping in my closet, to find out how I can accessorize things from my closet. I did the $2 tanks sale a few weeks ago at Old Navy and I will tell you, I love these things. One of the best $2 (or $20 since I bought 10) I ever spent! I wanted to share some examples of what I put together with some tank tops to wear at Blogher.

This weekend I bought 2 cardigans. The good thing about investing in clearance cardigans is that you can wear them with many outfits! The first one shown is a lace short sleeve cardigan I purchased for $7.99 at dd's Discounts. As you will see, I do have a love for lace. I also paired it with a Whippy Cake hair piece.







Another idea to dress up a shirt is a scarf. This hounds tooth scarf was purchased at the Goodwill Clearance center for pennies.


If I can dig out my sewing machine, I thought attaching a scarf like this one to the sides of the tank top would be cute.



This is the second cardigan, I found this one at Forever 21 for only $4.99! Paired with an Old navy tank tank and cute earrings from Forever21, this ensemble cost less than $10!



This lace overlay I bought at dd's for $6.99, paired with a camisole and cute accessories is another great ensemble for under $10.

I also did some accessory shopping which should be posted tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment