Saturday, December 11, 2010

Paying it Forward with MORE Cookies!


This week I was asked to participate in a Pay it Forward Baking Swap. We were asked to bake some holiday goodies for someone along with giving them the supplies to make the items themselves. I love baking for others so I was very excited to participate in this baking swap.


When I was asked to participate, I automatically knew I wanted my neighbor to receive a treat. She's been going through a hard time personally and health wise with being in and out of the hospital. I actually had a hard time catching her at home and the picture below of her is me seeing her right before she went back in to the hospital for a few days.

What I made for my Pay it Forward was Peppermint Chocolate Cookies.

I started with the cookie mix from Smart and Final. I love this large mix, it makes at least 4 batches of cookies of different varieties!




Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

Ingredients:

Cookie Mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 egg
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Peppermint candies

Directions:
Prepare sugar cookies as per instructions on package.
Chop up little peppermint candy canes or peppermint mints with potato masher.
Sprinkle candies in the mix and add a 1/2 tsp of Peppermint Oil.
Place in oven as per instructions.

While cookies cook then cool, melt chocolate chips in bowl in microwave for about 30-45 seconds. Once the chips are mostly melted, quickly whisk the melted chocolate with a spoon to smooth. Once cookies are cooled, spoon chocolate lightly in either a zigzag or in the middle of the cookie. Allow to harden, about 10 minutes (you can speed up the process by placing cookies in the fridge for a few minutes).

In my Pay it Forward Giftbag, I am including a large bag of First Street Cookie Mix with a bag of chocolate chips.


I also included these chocolate covered marshmallows and peppermint bark! These are great for a quick and tastey gift for others and did I mention they are super easy?

Chocolate Covered Marshmallows

Ingredients:

Large Marshmallows
Chocolate Bark Coating
Sprinkles for decor
Lollipop sticks or skewers

Melt coating in microwave for about 45 seconds.


Place skewers or sticks in the marshmallows then swirl them in the chocolate. Let dry on wax paper for about 15 minutes, wrap in cellophane with curling ribbon for a cute little treat! This is great for friends with kids.

Peppermint Bark

Ingredients:
White Chocolate Coating
Crushed peppermint candies (about 15 candies)
Peppermint oil

Melt chocolate coating in microwave for about 45 seconds until smooth. Once melted, mix the candies and oil in the melted chocolate. Spread melted mix out on a large peice of wax paper.

Let harden for about an hour, then break into pieces! This recipe only takes about 5 minutes to prepare and it just melts in your mouth!

Theresa was very appreciative of the cookies and other treats, I definitely think she needed a pick me up.

*I was compensated for my time by Collecitve Bias, all opinions and yummyness are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment