Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thrifty Thursday: Cooking Sheet Craft Organizer

I recently had an idea to do something with an old cookie sheet. It looked horrid, I didn't want to use it for cooking but I could still use it! I decided to make a craft area organizer. I found this pink lace fabric at Goodwill. I also found these little spice magnet tin organzers at the Goodwill Clearance center I was really excited because I got 8 of them for less than a dollar!!



I spraypainted this with one coat with a can of $.97 black spray paint from Walmart. Spray painting may be my newest obsession. It didn't need to be pretty so I didn't primer it or anything. I then took my hot glue gun and glued the sides and tacked some of the lace in the middle.I had to do one side at a time since the pan was cool and the glue was hot, it hardened really fast. Since the glue was hot, I used the back of a ball point pen to tack it all in place. I then glued the ends to the back and tied a ribbon through the hole on the top.

It didn't take long to dry, and I put some of my favorite crafting accessories in the tins and hung it above my crafting desk.




No comments:

Post a Comment