Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fry's Food Fresh Attractions Cooking Classes


A few AZ bloggers and I got to experience a Fry's Food Store Fresh Attractions cooking class last month. Let me tell you, this was nothing like I thought it would be. I thought it would be chefs cooking in front of us and that was it. I was wrong, it was so much more! I learned so much valuable info in the first 15 minutes and learned so much more in the hour we were there! Also, it wasn't really like a class at all it was an interactive experience! We not only got to learn these recipes first hand, the chef's were great at answering our questions and giving us many general cooking tips on the way!

The Fresh Attractions kitchen is at their Tatum and Shea location, they have their own cooking kitchen that looks like this:



Chef Deb and Chef Cyn were great hostesses. They were so funny and very informative. The class was great for newbie cooks and the more experienced and went at a pace everyone could



We or I should say they made.....
Chilaquiles (I have never heard of these but they were tasty)
Enchiladas with Goat Cheese
Grilled Watermelon and Jicama salad
Black Beans and Rice


Not only have I never heard of Chilaquiles but I have never had grilled Watermelon. I've never even grilled fruit period! It was so delicious though! Paired with the Jicama, it was amazing! It was so sweet and savory, almost like melt in your mouth. You should also know, I really do not like salads but learning how to make this delicious one so fast was very exciting!


Along with learning new recipes, we learned a lot of tips. For instance, I learned a few things about Garlic (one of my favorite spices).
You can freeze fresh garlic (duh, why didn't I think to do this before!)
If you get garlic on your hands, rub stainless steel (like a bowl) and it will go away just like that.
If you can, try to avoid jarred minced garlic. I had no idea that they used a chemical to preserve it (but I should have known, and now I do).

I think one of the best things about this class is getting to enjoy the delicious food once it's done cooking!



I think it would be really fun to attend this as a couple, it would be something great to experience together! Another thought I had since they do group sessions, get your moms group together and reserve a class!

They also offer fun for kids with a
Kids Camp and a Kids Workshop. I think my 10 year old would love to do this, she likes to learn new cooking techniques.

You can learn more about Fry's Fresh Attractions here:
http://www.frysfood.com/myFrys/660/fresh_attractions/Pages/default.aspx

You can see their schedule here:
http://www.frysfood.com/myFrys/660/fresh_attractions/Pages/class_schedule.aspx
To register for classes, call 480-367-3940


Want to see a sneak peek at the fun in action? I have two videos, please excuse the one that is sideways I wanted to get the whole experience and must have forgotten that the Flip only works one way ;)






*I was not asked to write a post nor was I compensated for this post, however I was given a $5 Fry's GC and a bag of goodies (mainly delicious cheeses) for my time. All opinions are my own.





No comments:

Post a Comment