Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Just Peachy Peach Cupcake


A few weeks ago we went peach picking, I have never cooked with peaches. At this point I have made over 10 recipes with these peaches! I wanted to share this cupcake recipe with you. At first, I wanted a creamy cupcake (like Peaches and Cream) with a peachy creamy frosting. After I made this cupcake, it turned out to taste more like a Peach Cobbler Cupcake.


Peachy Cupcake Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter (this works best when left out at room temperature)
1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 egg
1 individual applesauce, natural unsweetened
1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/4 cup of milk
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (already whipped)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 peaches pitted and chopped

Heat oven at 375.

Cream together sugar and butter, then add egg, milk , applesauce and whipped cream. Gradually add sugars, then milk, cream and vanilla.

Take flour (sifted through a food processor) along with the dry ingredients and slowly mix in. Fold in the chopped peaches.

Scoop into cupcake liners/pan at about 3/4 full, bake for about 25 minutes.


Frosting Glaze:

1/4 cup peach juice (What I did was used the juice from chopping the peaches, if you don't have any you can use apple juice or water)
2 cups of powdered sugar
1/2 tsp of Vanilla
Water

This works best if the powdered sugar is first sifted through a food processor or sifter.

Put the sugar in a bowl, slowly add the peach juice then the Vanilla. If you do not have the consistency you want, VERY slowly add water to loosen it. Pour over cupcakes once cooled, garnish with cut peaches. If you do garnish, make sure you use Fruit-Fresh on the peaches before putting them on the cupcakes.

I am in no way a cupcake expert, I just like to bake. I have linked up at Cupcake Tuesday on Hoosier Homeade and if you are looking for other cupcake recipes, especially ones from those who are more of an expert, check it out here:

Cupcake Tuesday at HoosierHomemade.com

2 comments:

  1. These look great! I bet they taste super yummy too! I am going to have to try making them sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Those look delish! Fresh peaches are not ready near us for quite awhile. But I will definitely have to give these a try!
    Thanks for sharing on Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete