My 10 year old is on swim team, in fact this is her third year. We were previously on another team but switched to the Stingrays this year. I wanted to surprise her with some things showing team spirit. I went to Walmart and bought Painter's Markers from Elmer's.
I made decorated flip flops (Old Navy of course) with the team's color which is purple. I took a purple Elmer's Painters Markers and created polka-dots (which I tried to make look like bubbles). The medium point Painter's Markers are really easy to do this with. I almost went on a polka-dot frenzy!
The swim team has a phrase they say "Eat My Bubbles", I wrote that with the black fine point Painters Marker on the sides. I then wrote "Stinrgrays" on the front of the flip flops. I added purple ribbon to the front, about 4 inch strips double knotted and hot glued purple flowers on the top, garnishing with a purple gemstone!
I then took some purple ribbon I bought at Hobby Lobby and wrote with the white Painters Marker "Go Stingrays". I turned this into a T-shirt sleeve tie up. It's really easy to do!
- Take Ribbon (about 1/2 inch in width, this one was 5/8 of an inch) and measure out about 10 inches.
- In the middle, take your Painter's Markers and write or design what you want.
- Then took velcro (and here I cheated, I just used a heavy duty fastener that had adhesive already on the back) and cut it to fit about 1 inch on each side of the ribbon.
- To do this, fold one side on top (about 1/2 in to 1 inch) and put the velcro on and then take and fold the the other side on the back about one inch, then adhere the velcro.
- The tie up should have velcro on opposite sides.
This is what it should look like after it's done!
After it's done, just velcro behind your sleeve!
Both of these crafts took only about 30 minutes all together!
This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Elmer's #gluenglitter #collectivebias All opinions, photos and ideas are my own.