Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Goodwill AZ Clearance Center (review and finds)





Today I went to the Goodwill Clearance Center at 51st Avenue and Van Buren in Phoenix. This just opened this past weekend and was very busy today. The best way I can describe the store is this is a "hodge podge" store! It has a lot of clothes and a little bit of other random items.

Here is how it works:

Clothes, Shoes and Housewares are weighed by the pound. It starts at $1.39 lb and goes down at 20 pound increments.

Books, movies, music etc start at $.25 each

What I found:

The store is mainly clothes. It is kind of chaotic because it is just large bins of clothes that they constantly rotate with new stock. The benefit to that is that if you go one day, the next day the store will have new stock. The con is you are in a "mob" of people trying to go through items in the bins.

As far as clothes I would say it is mainly women's and men's clothing with some kids clothing. But like I said, it is new stock daily.

As far as quality there was a mixture of items that I think are comparable to what is in their stores. Some items were tagged already so I assume that these items were ones that did not sell in the stores. Other items weren't tagged so they may not have ever made it to a store and are just straight from donations. I did see a lot of name brands such as Lucky, Abercrombie, H&M, White House Black Market and more.

For housewares I saw picture frames, some dishes, some toys and some small appliances. These are also in bins that you can rummage through.

So how did I do?

I got 11 pounds and walked out spending around $15 for 18 items. I got jeans for the kids (Levis brand), shirts including a Perri Ellis dress shirt for my son, items for crafts and 4 pairs of shoes.

What I am most excited about were the shoes! I found Kate Spade shoes (retails $200-$300) & BCB Girls shoes (retails $50-$100). Since these really don't weigh much, I easily paid under a buck per pair of shoes!

I would say that this Clearance center is worth a trip every once in a while but don't get too disappointed if you don't find anything for you.



2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to visit this clearance center, you've given me more incentive to get there! Thanks for sharing.

    Have a great day!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!!!!!!! I hate that it's way over on the west side... wish it was in the east valley... but I might have to get adventurous some day soon

    ReplyDelete