Monday, November 8, 2010
Menu Plan Monday
Last week you either watched me on MOM Tv or read the blog about Family Meals. This week I am going to start publishing my Menu Plans. This is a daily menu of what we will have for dinner each night. This helps me stay on track of not eating out and helping me commit to our nightly family dinners.
Monday Night: Crock Pot Pot Roast* (see recipe below)
Tuesday Night: Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs
Wednesday Night: Cheddar Cheese and Broccoli Soup
Thursday Night: BBQ Chicken
Friday Night: Macaroni and Cheese
Saturday Night: Taco Night ~ Letting the kids assemble their own tacos with a variety of toppings.
Sunday Night: Brinner ~ Breakfast for dinner with Pancakes, eggs and turkey sausage
When I publish my Menu Plans, I will try to include at least one recipe. This week's recipe is pot roast.
What I love about Crock Pot Pot Roast is I get to put it on the crock pot, add whatever seasonings I want then leave it all day!
Crock Pot Pot Roast
Ingredients:
1 Roast
4 Lg potatoes
1.5 cups cut carrots (peeled)
1 medium onion chopped
8 ounces of Dr Pepper or Coke (this really gives it a juicy flavor)
AND/OR 8 ounces of apple juice
Seasonings ~ this is broad because I usually go to the cabinet and let my mind flow. Some options I like to use are: Garlic, granulated onion, morton all season salt, orange peel, thyme, basil and more. I don't add a lot I pinch a little of this and a little of that.
A couple drops of Liquid Smoke
Directions:
Cook on High for 6 hours in Crock Pot
There you go, fix it and forget it!
Looking for inspiration for your Family Meals this week? Checkout the Orgjunkie.com to see other menu plans for the week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment